Donors to the Daviess County Community Foundation are making scholarship awards available again this year through the Community Scholarship Program.
Students may apply for one or more scholarships, as long as they meet the particular eligibility requirements. Details about each scholarship and the application are posted on the Foundation’s website at www.communityfoundationalliance.org/daviess/scholarships/opportunities/.
Eligibility requirements and selection criteria are determined by donors and are posted on the website. Each scholarship is unique and supports students with a variety of backgrounds, educational goals, and economic statuses. Awards are made without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, or national origin and are based on a competitive process which may consider academic achievement, extracurricular activities, personal aspirations, educational goals, and financial need.
The Foundation offers the following tips to help students complete their applications:
- Begin working on the application early.
- Search for scholarships that match your unique interests and hobbies.
- Take the time to write required essays. It’s worth the extra effort.
- Follow all instructions carefully and make sure you are submitting all the required parts (including letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.).
- Ask a friend or teacher to read your application and essay for any mistakes that you may have missed.
- Check and double-check your application before submitting.
Applications are accepted until midnight on Sunday, February 20, 2022.