Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Agreement Statement
Recipients of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship will be participating in one of the most exciting scholarship initiatives in the state of Indiana. Because the scholarship program is designed to help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana, increase awareness of the beneficial roles Indiana community foundations can play in their communities, and encourage and support the efforts of current and past Lilly Endowment Community Scholars to engage with each other and with Indiana business, government, educational, nonprofit, and civic leaders to improve the quality of life in Indiana generally and in local communities throughout the state, the Community Foundation Alliance will be asked to track the recipients through college and ten years beyond. Applicants must agree to the terms and conditions listed below and understand the importance of each item.
If chosen as a Lilly Endowment Community Scholar, I agree to abide by the following statements as required by Lilly Endowment:
- If I receive this scholarship, it is my intent to pursue four years of undergraduate study on a full-time basis leading to a baccalaureate degree at an Indiana college.
- I understand that the total maximum amount of my scholarship is calculated on the basis of my chosen college’s tuition and required fees beginning with the 2019-20 school year.
- To assist with the processing of my scholarship payments each semester or quarter and to avoid late fees, I will forward to the Community Foundation Alliance immediately upon receipt all invoices for tuition and any eligible fees that may be covered by my scholarship.
- I understand that the special allocation provided to me is to be used to pay required books and required equipment for my courses of instruction. I will personally keep receipts and other documentation to verify that the special allocation was used only for this intended purpose and will provide those receipts and documents to Independent Colleges of Indiana upon request. I will return to Independent Colleges of Indiana any amount of the special allocation remaining at the end of each school year.
- I agree to notify Independent Colleges of Indiana of any scholarship awards I may receive for tuition or required fees from a source other than the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship.
- I will keep the Community Foundation Alliance apprised annually by June 1st of my enrollment and academic status during college by completing and returning any surveys or forms as may be provided by the Alliance.
- Upon graduation, I will keep the Community Foundation Alliance apprised annually by June 1st of my education and/or employment status for at least ten years after graduation by completing and returning an alumni survey or other forms as may be provided by the Alliance.
If chosen as a Lilly Endowment Community Scholar, I agree to abide by the following statements as required by the Community Foundation Alliance:
- I understand the scholarship is for four continuous years of undergraduate study.
- I understand that I must remain in good standing and maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout the four-year period and maintain full-time enrollment.
- I affirm that I am applying for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship in only one county.
- I will designate which school I will attend prior to May 1, 2019.
- I understand that I am expected to demonstrate mature and responsible behavior and good moral character at all times and understand that my scholarship may be at risk for termination if I am found in violation of any local, state, or federal law or my past or current conduct is determined by the scholarship nomination committee or representatives of the Community Foundation Alliance to be unethical.
- I give the Community Foundation Alliance and ICI permission to use any general, nonfinancial information included in my scholarship application for publicity purposes. If selected to receive the scholarship, I will provide the Alliance with a current photo.
- Daviess County Community Foundation
- Gibson County Community Foundation
- Knox County Community Foundation
- Perry County Community Foundation
- Pike County Community Foundation
- Posey County Community Foundation
- Spencer County Community Foundation
- Vanderburgh Community Foundation
- Warrick County Community Foundation