The Spencer County Community Foundation’s Community Good Grants Program supports a variety of charitable purposes in Spencer County. The grant cycle is open year-round and encompasses three different request levels:
- Level 1 – Requests of $2,500 and below (online grant application required to apply)
- Level 2 – Requests of $2,501 – $10,000 (online grant application required to apply)
- Level 3 – Requests over $10,000 (online letter of inquiry and face-to-face meeting with the grants committee required to apply)
Funding requests will be reviewed throughout the year as follows:
- Level 1 – September 15, December 15, March 15, and June 15
- Level 2 – December 15 and June 15
- Level 3 – Ongoing
Grant Program Orientation Meeting
Prospective grant applicants are invited to schedule a meeting with the Regional Director of Community Engagement and Impact, Renate Warner, to receive an overview of the funding opportunity and to ask specific questions. Contact Renate at 812-547-3176 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to set up a meeting.
The Foundation welcomes funding requests from nonprofit organizations that are deemed tax-exempt under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies serving the county. Funding requests from nonprofit organizations not classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity may be considered provided the project is charitable and supports a community need (a fiscal sponsor may be required). School administrators and teachers planning to apply for a grant must contact the Foundation’s Renate Warner prior to beginning the application process to discuss guidelines pertaining to funding requests from school personnel and school corporation oversight of the application process.
Nonprofit organizations not classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity that are using a public charity to apply for the grant must include a written statement signed by the charity’s board president (on behalf of the board of directors) agreeing to act as the nonprofit’s fiscal sponsor, to receive grant monies if awarded, and to oversee the proposed project.
Project Areas NOT Considered for Funding
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political parties or campaigns
- Endowment creation
- Annual appeals or membership contributions
A final report at project completion may be required by organizations whose requests are approved for funding. Instructions and any required forms will be provided at the time the grant is awarded.