The Daviess County Community Foundation, in partnership with Regional Opportunity Initiatives, Inc., is making $25,000 available for out-of-school learning programs aligning with the following Afterschool STEM Standards:
- The Program creates an inspiring STEM learning environment for all youth.
- STEM resources, equipment, and supplies support STEM learning.
- The STEM program engages families, schools, and community.
- Staff receive professional development that increase their confidence and ability to facilitate STEM learning.
- Activities inspire and engage youth in STEM learning.
- The program provides opportunities for youth to learn STEM content, skills, and knowledge.
- The program utilizes a variety of data to measure the impact of its STEM program.
The Foundation welcomes funding requests from nonprofit organizations that are deemed tax-exempt under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies serving the county. Requests from nonprofit organizations not classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity may be considered provided the project is charitable. However, the organization will be required to obtain a fiscal sponsor to oversee the project and to accept grant monies if awarded.
Applications submitted by an entity under the auspices of another agency (designated as a 501(c)(3) public charity) must include a written statement signed by the agency’s board president on behalf of the board of directors agreeing to act as the entity’s fiscal sponsor, to receive grant monies if awarded, and to oversee the proposed project.
The grants committee will make its recommendations on funding to the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation Alliance. No lobbying or soliciting of grants committee members or board members will be permitted.
All organizations that have submitted grant applications will be notified of the outcome of the grants committee’s deliberation in writing.
A final report at project completion may be required from organizations whose projects are approved for funding. Instructions will be provided at the time the grant is awarded.
The following supporting documents must be electronically attached to the application (as a Microsoft Office document such as Word or Excel or as a PDF document).
Attachment 1: Organization’s current board roster
Attachment 2: Organization’s current annual operating budget
Attachment 3: Organization’s most recent Statement of Activities/Profit and Loss Statement
December 6, 2017