Vincennes, Indiana – The Knox County Community Foundation granted awards totaling $35,025 to 10 charitable organizations serving Knox County yesterday. The grants were awarded through the Foundation’s Community Good Grants program, to charitably support arts and culture, community development, education, health, human services, and other civic endeavors, such as the environment, recreation, and youth development throughout the local community.
“Several different projects received funding, and so many people in our community will benefit,” says Chris Hertel, President of the Knox County Community Foundation Advisory Board.
A family of unrestricted Community Good funds, established by individual donors and held and invested by the Foundation, provide the grant dollars for the awards. A list of the full family of Community Good funds established in Knox County can be found at communityfoundationalliance.org/knox/knox-family-of-funds/
“Our donors ultimately make this giving possible,” added Hertel. “We appreciate their investment in these permanent endowment funds that allow us to address Knox County’s ever-changing needs through this kind of flexible, strategic grantmaking, year after year.”
Community Good grants were awarded during a grants presentation luncheon on September 27. Recipients of the awards are:
- Vincennes City Parks for the Lester Square Fitness Initiative
- Children and Family Services for the Prevention Programming Expansion
- Helping His Hands Disaster Response, Inc. for the HHH Kitchen project
- Backpacks of Love for the Backpacks of Love for VCSC Project
- Mental Health America-Knox County for the Mental Health Transportation project
- YMCA of Vincennes for supplies and equipment for the 3rd Grade Water Safety Project
- James Whitcomb Riley Elementary School for the Closing the Reading Gap project
- First Christian Church KETA (Kids Equipped to Achieve) for the Kids Equipped to Achieve Toiletries Project
- Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry for the “Meat” the Need 2017 project
- Camp Wildwood Foundation for doors and window for the Important Needs project